*We cannot accept returns of products clearly marked non-returnable.
**Items purchased from the New & Used Marketplace are non-returnable.
*** eBooks or Audio Downloads, once purchased and/or downloaded, are non-returnable. Please verify device compatibility prior to purchase.
For all other products, Booksamillion.com guarantees your satisfaction and offers you returns within 30 days of delivery on most items, and 60 days for Millionaire's Club Members. Online orders can be returned to our warehouse or returned to a physical Books-A-Million retail location.
In-store purchases must be returned to a physical store with a receipt within 15 days. (Within 30 days for Millionaire's Club Members).
Items returned will be refunded to the original payment method. If you used a gift card to make your purchase, a credit will be issued back to the gift card.
*Please note that shipping and handling charges are non-refundable.
Return via Mail:
To return an item within 30 days of order receipt or 60 days for Members IF the item is returnable:
- Email our Customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include the following information:
- Order ID number, Reason for return, Item(s) you are returning
A return authorization number and non-paid return label will be emailed to you within 24 hours.
Once you have received your return authorization number and label:
- Pack the item(s) that you are returning to us securely.
- Enclose a copy of your packing slip.
- Affix the label that we emailed to you and ship the package.
- If your label is non-paid, be sure to apply adequate postage.
- We are not responsible for the item until it arrives at our facility. Please save your tracking information so you can follow up with the vendor you shipped with.
Our Returns Department will issue your credit once the return is processed at our warehouse.
Return to Store:
To find the store nearest to you, visit our Store Finder.
- Login to My Account from booksamillion.com
- Go to your Order History, then click “Details” next to the order you would like to return
- Click “Return to Store”
- Print your Booksamillion.com In-Store Return Receipt. If you cannot print, you may screenshot the return barcode and information.
(If the Return to Store button is not available to click, then your purchase is not eligible for an In-Store return.)
- The In-Store Receipt will show a Last Return Date and will note if a product is Non-Returnable.
- Return your purchase, along with the Printed Return Receipt, to your local Books-A-Million store.
Please email our Customer Service department at email@example.com if you need help with In-Store Returns.
**The Fine Print
Electronic returns, such as Compact Discs, DVDs, Video Games, and Consumer Electronics (headphones, speakers, etc.), must be sealed in the original package unless defective. Defective returns are subject to the same constraints as other merchandise. Defective merchandise must be returned with the original packaging.